google-site-verification: google82af41cbbb927c7d.html Grove Creek Family History: Frustration Relieved, For Now!

Mt. Timpanogos Temple, photo by Rick Satterfield, used with permission

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Frustration Relieved, For Now!

In the last week there has been much talk, and criticism, about the new design of FamilySearch.org. I have to admit that I don't see the logic in some of the redesign, but most of it I can live with. However, one part of the FamilySearch.org site that I really missed was the ease of finding the Research Wiki. I use that Wiki for everything, particularly when I don't know where to start with patrons that come into either the BYU Family History Library or this local Grove Creek FHC. This morning I was pleasantly surprised when I noticed a new tab on the home page of FamilySearch.org. It is a search tab that leads to the search homepage, but there is now a Wiki tab. On the home page of the Wiki, the old background is still there, but I don't care! Oh, happy dance!

FamilySearch.org homepage (Search Tab is highlighted in green)

Search page showing Wiki tab

Home page of the Research Wiki

No comments:

Copyright 2013 by Rayanne Brunski Melick,
All Rights Reserved.