|Our precious family bible from the 1830's|
If you don't want to do that, come up with some of your own great ideas! Here are some of mine:
1. Create a collage of school pictures for your kids. It reminds them that they were small once!
2. Write a story about your life? Any of your kids starting to date and drive? Write about your experiences and share it with them.
3. Take a picture of your house. Add memories from this particular house.
4. Pull out a picture of a relative and write what you know about them. Share with those you love.
5. Organize that box of stuff from high school!
6. Call someone special and tell them that you love them.
7. Write about a special honor you received. I will write about the time that I won the "Best Soup" award at a church activity!
|My "1st Place Soup" Award|
8. Trace your children's hands and feet.
9. Sit down in a family group, pass out sheets of paper with the current month and year at the top, grab a stopwatch and tell everyone that they have one minute to write down everything that they can remember about this month. You could also do this for a year at a time. Share with each other the funnies of the month! DO NOT TELL YOUR GROUP THAT THEY ARE DOING FAMILY HISTORY! The word tends to scare people!
10. Write a letter to someone from your past. Express your appreciation to them for what they contributed in your life.
These are just a few ideas. I'm sure that you can come up with a hundred more on your own!