google-site-verification: google82af41cbbb927c7d.html Grove Creek Family History: Do You Keep a Journal?

Mt. Timpanogos Temple, photo by Rick Satterfield, used with permission

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Do You Keep a Journal?

ldsjournal.com
Ah, a journal! We have heard about journals all of our lives. If you aren't LDS, maybe you call it a diary! Still, it is a written record of your life. We, in the LDS church, consider journals to be a top priority. While we know in our hearts that it is a top priority, we still don't always do what we should. You're sure that your life is boring and that your descendants will never be excited about your life! At least those are the signals that your children are sending to you! Well, it ain't so! I have a book that was written by a great, great aunt of mine. She lived in the Pennsylvania coal mining country of Luzerne County. It is fascinating to read about her life and the lives of her parents and brothers and sisters. Catherine owned a children's dress shop for a while in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania. On a couple of pages, Catherine lists the cost of everyday items. Wow, have times changed! Thread is no longer 5 cents and I have never in my lifetime seen ground beef for 10 cents a pound! Fascinating reading...Anyway, my point is that your descendants WILL be interested in your life. So, keep a journal! I type a whole lot faster than I write so I have been using a journal program online that I found. I have to say that it makes journal keeping so easy! LDSJournal.com. It's easy, it's free and you don't have to be LDS. And no, I have no connection to the company except that I am a fan of their site!  :)

No comments:

Copyright 2013 by Rayanne Brunski Melick,
All Rights Reserved.