google-site-verification: google82af41cbbb927c7d.html Grove Creek Family History: Teaching Classes? Need Some Help or Ideas?

Mt. Timpanogos Temple, photo by Rick Satterfield, used with permission

Friday, August 6, 2010

Teaching Classes? Need Some Help or Ideas?

In the past few weeks, I have had several people ask me where they can get ideas for teaching family history classes. I am not an expert in teaching (I leave that to my trainer husband!) but I have found a few websites that have been helpful to me. One of them is "Teaching Geneaology" by DearMYRTLE. This site can be found at http://www.teachgenealogy.com/. Make sure that you go through all of the tabs listed on the left hand side of the page. I have followed DearMYRTLE  for a few years and I find her style very warm and helpful. I appreciate the latest technology as it allows me to expand my knowledge about various topics and never leave home! What a blessing! Another site that I like is the Ogden Regional FHC site. I like their information under the Learning How tab on the left hand side of their site. Their address is http://www.orfhc.org/.
I have added these links under our Education tab. We have quite a list going now. There are so many places to get information. I would love to hear if anyone out there has favorite family history education sites that they would like to share!

No comments:

Copyright 2013 by Rayanne Brunski Melick,
All Rights Reserved.